Waste Removal & Recycling for Manlius, NY
Weekly Trash & Recycling Collection
Syracuse Haulers will once again be handling the brush pickup for the Town of Manlius.
** Attention Town of Manlius Customers - (Brush Collection)
Due to OCCRA reopening the compost sites, we will start collection on Monday April 27, 2020. We anticipate heavier volumes of material so please be patient with our crews as we work through this together. Any questions feel free to contact us (315) 426-6771.
- To determine your collection day, contact Syracuse Haulers or the Town of Manlius offices.
- Refer to “Holiday Schedules” to identify those holidays where there is a one-day delay in collection.
- All trash and recyclables must be placed curbside or at the edge of the pavement in front of each property the night before or prior to 6 a.m. on your designated collection day.
- Collection takes place between the hours of 6 a.m. – 5 p.m. Inclement weather may create delays.
- Make sure that your recycling is clearly separated from your trash.
- Each household may have up to eight (8) 32-gallon bags of trash, weighing no more than 50 lbs. each, set out for collection each week. Excess quantities will not be collected.
- There is no limit to the quantity of recyclables that can be set out for collection.
- Recyclables should be placed in blue bins or clearly marked containers bearing the word “Recycling” or the universal recycling symbol.
- Cardboard boxes should be broken down and flattened. Large size cardboard should be cut down to measure no larger than 3 ft long by 3 ft wide.
- Large amounts of cardboard, which do not fit in a blue bin, should be tied in bundles no bigger than 3 ft long by 3 ft wide.
- If there is trash (or non-recyclables) in your recycling bins, then the container may not be emptied. Often, such materials are tagged with an orange “Oops” sticker, referencing why the items were not collected.
The following categories of items are NOT collected as part of the trash contract. You may contact Syracuse Haulers to arrange for pickup of many items, for an extra fee:
- Yard waste, such as lawn trimmings, branches, logs, brush, or leaves. (Note: Town of Manlius has a yard waste collection program, payable through your taxes.)
- Construction or demolition debris, such as sinks, tubs, toilets, counter tops, sheet rock, paneling, lumber, carpeting, tile, etc.
- Electronic waste, such as TV’s, computers and monitors, audio/video equipment, etc.
- Auto parts, tires, car batteries, major appliances, furniture, carpeting, sinks, tubs, toilets, pool covers, etc.
- Household furnishings, such as couches, chairs, tables, and appliances.
- Hazardous and flammable materials, such as petroleum products, pesticides, liquid paint, fluorescent tubes, human waste, propane tanks for grills, or anything that is hazardous, toxic, explosive, radioactive, etc. (Please see www.ocrra.org for details on how to responsibly dispose of such items.)