Waste Removal & Recycling for Geddes, NY
Weekly Trash Collection, Only
- To determine your collection day, contact Syracuse Haulers or the Town of Geddes offices.
- Refer to “Holiday Schedules” to identify those holidays where there is a one-day delay in collection.
- All trash and recyclables must be placed curbside or at the edge of the pavement in front of each property the night before or prior to 6:30 a.m. on your designated collection day.
- Collection takes place between the hours of 6:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. Inclement weather may create delays.
- Make sure that your recycling is clearly separated from your trash.
- Each household has unlimited trash pickup each week, however trash must be bagged and the bagged trash is to be set out in containers, weighing no more than 75 lbs. each.
The following categories of items are NOT collected as part of the trash contract. You may contact Syracuse Haulers to arrange for pickup of many items, for an extra fee:
- Yard waste, such as lawn trimmings, branches, logs, brush, or leaves. (Note: Town of Geddes has a yard waste collection program, payable through your taxes.)
- Construction or demolition debris, such as sinks, tubs, toilets, counter tops, sheet rock, paneling, lumber, carpeting, tile, etc.
- Electronic waste, such as TV’s, computers and monitors, audio/video equipment, etc.
- Auto parts, tires, car batteries, major appliances, furniture, carpeting, sinks, tubs, toilets, pool covers, etc.
- Household furnishings, such as couches, chairs, tables, and appliances.
- Hazardous and flammable materials, such as petroleum products, pesticides, liquid paint, fluorescent tubes, human waste, propane tanks for grills, or anything that is hazardous, toxic, explosive, radioactive, etc. (Please see www.ocrra.org for details on how to responsibly dispose of such items.)